Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Is "intern" just a professional (or non-professional) title?

Hello guys, at least those that still follow the blog. Well, I have to admit I have negletted it for a couple of months now, since -after creating this blog- I got offered few jobs! Now that I have got a "serious" job I wasn't sure it would be fair to carry on talking about being an intern.

But then I start wondering....does the concept of "intern" just define a professional title? Or it's much more? Cause now that I have an actual title, and I am reponsible of my own work, and people occasionally look at me in search of answers...I sometimes still feel like an intern. Or maybe I wish I was an intern, with no security but also no responsibility. And if my long experience as an intern had shaped my skills? And if as of now I was just....a professional intern???

2 comments:

  1. Internships are a way of life!

    People have realized that social security, unemployment rights and other social benefits that a regular contract includes are just old fashioned.

    Long life to unpaid internships!!

    I guess that I am not a good intern, because a good intern knows that unpaid internships does not exist!, if you don not get money for your work is because they pay you with the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? And what about does people that don't eat experience? What should they do if the are just offered an unpaid internship?

    ReplyDelete